Official web presentation
Please note that payment of the entrance fee to the castle is only possible in cash. Thank you for understanding.
Front part of the castle with the torso of the outer fortifications.
The New Castle viewed from the Austrian bank of the Dyje.
Front of the New Castle.
Entrance, originally closed by a trapdoor.
In the upper left corner of the entrance is a clear hole for a pulley.
The pulley still remains in the gate.
Gothic portal with characteristic carved arch.
Corner of the north wing of the New Castle.
Lining with interrupted rods, typical of the late gothic period.
The building material of the lining is so-called Eggenburg limestone. A marine sedimentary rock with Tertiary fossils.
This vaulted room was used as a dining room at the start of the 20th century.
The wooden frames have remained in the window of the dining room.
The cellars of the north-west wing dug into the bedrock.
An external view of the mighty three-quarters cylindrical bastion.
An inaccessible room on the third floor of the north wing.
Graduated window reveals in the second floor of the north wing with surrounding graffiti.
Memorial inscription from 1832. Signed by seven Polish officers, emigrating participants in the anti-Russian November uprising.
Oldest visitor date from 1775 on the plaster covering the rock wall.
Since 2010 the room of the south-west wing has been protected by a new roof.
The semi-desert conditions on the roof suit a wide variety of succulents. For example four types of stonecrop as well as the Rolling Hen-and-Chicks flower here.
Top floor observation gallery.
Observing European green lizard on the observation gallery.
View of the Dyje valley from the top floor of the New Castle.